Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Durarara!!
Ingow
post Aug 6 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

I just finished watching it and I thought I'd open a quick thread to let DZ know that it's a show worth watching.

Probably none of you have seen Bartender, but I'm still gonna say that this anime is the perfect blend of Bartender and Cowboy Bebop. Smooth dark jazzy atmosphere, great characters, lovely relationships, cool visuals, catchy soundtrack and a fitting pace without fillers. It's the type of anime that has mindgames with many different little stories that all make up a big picture at the end and come together.

The only criticism I have is that the single character background episodes are not as clearly made for that special characters like in Cowboy Bebop where even the entire mood of the show just seems to shift for Ed or for Jet, but instead in Durarara!! these episodes just fade and blend into the general series without any kind of a cut. That also makes the show seem incomplete at the end, since even though the viewer has seen a lot about the background stories we just can't seem to remember as much.

However, apart from that it's really a highlight when it comes to modern anime, give it a try.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alexis
post Aug 8 2010, 01:25 AM
Post #2

In N oUt

Group: Members
Member No.: 8

I was actually planning on watching this! Thanks for the review i'm more motivated to get it.

--------------------
"Keep your TWILIGHT humping bullshit away from me''

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version

Skin Created By xDoug from IPB Design.info

Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 08:46 AM