Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I got through my music folder
Ingow
post Apr 22 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Some of you may remember that I was about a year ago busted for downloading a movie. Since then I've decided to keep it at what I already had, since my music and movie collections were already so far advanced that I wasn't even finished with the letter A.

The movies are at "T" now, but the music is done. I'm at 2730 different artists on last.fm from 91 different musical genres. Roughly 720 of the 2730 artists were listened to in single tracks instead of full albums.

The finished tag cloud looks like this: http://www.last.fm/user/Ingow/library/tags
The finished favorite albums list looks like this: http://www.last.fm/user/Ingow/library/tags...favorite+albums

I've felt that this was a very special journey for me. I had planned in the beginning to listen through mediocre and bad albums, just for the cultural sake. I selected albums by how important they seemed to be to me, how much I enjoyed cover art or just because it was recommended very well. So of course I'm not going to stop listening to new music now, but it's amazing for me to have gone through 9 foobar playlists that all had a full playtime from 6 weeks to 1 week at least. I think I may have just deleted maybe 10 albums in the whole process without listening to them, most of the time that only happened when it was very clearly not what I had expected when I decided to put it on my list.

I can definately say that I can recommend the experience to anyone else, because the different types of atmosphere that music can set are amazing and can really help emphasize parts of your life so much.

I will now take the time to revisit my favorites and just let all the input sink in. I forced myself to always keep going on with the playlists because I felt like it was a set route that I wanted or had to finish for myself first. I felt like creating this thread because I was originally planning on reviewing or just giving some more detailed insight or commentary, but I'm too lazy as usual.

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Black Erotica
post Jul 19 2011, 07:16 AM
Post #2

Witchfinder General

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

Well, this is quite an interesting thing. I'm personally always up for checking new music but usually I find something and download and then listen to it right away and I'd probably not have the patience to do what you did.

--------------------

"Nightshade and Devilroot, wolf's bane and eye of newt...round and round and round and round we go..."

+Quote Post
Ingow
post Aug 28 2011, 07:24 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 3

Update: I've now started slowly buying favorite albums from amazon marketplace/importing from england. Currently I'm pretty much only listening to .flac encoded original CDs, I think my ears can actually tell the difference by now, the difference feels really apparent to me. No bullshitting.

The movie folder is finished as well by now, was the same experience on that side.

Now working through my books, just recently finished Freud's collected excerpts of the psychoanalysis and right now I'm reading the Qur'an to see what all the fuss is about. I'm almost all the way through and basically it's just the bible in a poetic simplified writing style that tells people to leave each other alone because god will sort the bad ones out by himself at the end and that there is no need to start any kind of war, it also calls bullshit on the whole jesus being the son of god thing and denies all kind of magic and angel shit, none of that ever happened. It's sexist only because for its time it was the first religious book to actually give any concrete rights to women, at the time the author must've thought that he was giving women a lot of freedom and nowadays it just seems misogynistic.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version

Skin Created By xDoug from IPB Design.info

Time is now: 24th September 2014 - 12:25 AM